Fire Safety Essentials
Nobody wants the stress of being involved in a fire, do they? So, it's important you know all about fire, its prevention, detection and what to do if a fire does break out. This course covers the essential and practical skills of fire safety.
You will learn:
- About fire evacuation procedures, so you know how to keep safe when leaving a building.
- What to do if your clothes catch fire.
- What fire fighting equipment is available and how, as a last resort, you use it.
- What causes fires to start, so you can help prevent them.
- How to recognise and manage fatigue in yourself and others.
- How to understand and act upon wellbeing issues.
- Influencing and negotiation skills to create a safety culture.
|Core sector||Hospitality, Retail, Business, Warehousing, Distribution, Charity|
|Sub-sector||Restaurant, Hotel, Quick Service Restaurant, Pub/bar, Catering, Events, Entertainment|
|Business outcomes||Wellbeing, Compliance|
|Skill type||Health and Safety, Fire Safety, First Aid|
|Job type||Kitchen, Food and Beverage, Customer Assistant, Sales Assistant, Maintenance, Housekeeper, Front of House|