Food Hygiene - Allergens
Anyone dealing with food needs to know how to do it safely and hygienically so it's safe to eat. This course gives you the skills required to prevent a potentially life-threatening allergic reaction.
You will learn:
- What having an allergy means and the law on allergens in loose food.
- What the 14 allergens are and where they can be commonly found, including drinks.
- What the customer needs to know and how we must clearly communicate it.
- How to record ingredients information for food prepared on site.
- How to spot a severe allergic reaction, what to do and what the difference with a food intolerance is.
- How to recognise and manage fatigue in yourself and others.
- How to understand and act upon wellbeing issues.
- Influencing and negotiation skills to create a safety culture.
We recommend this course is combined with the following to help you comply with food hygiene regulations:
|Core sector||Hospitality, Retail|
|Sub-sector||Restaurant, Hotel, Quick Service Restaurant, Pub/bar, Catering, Events, Health, Grocery|
|Skill type||Health and Safety|
|Job type||Kitchen, Food and Beverage, Customer Assistant, Sales Assistant, Front of House|