This is a short 'need to know' course outlining the key facts about red wine to enable the learner to give the guest the best experience possible when serving it.
You will learn:
- The main red wine grapes and what they taste like.
- The key countries which produce wine and their styles.
- What reds go with what types of food.
- How to recommend a type of wine based on what your guest likes or dislikes.
- What the descriptive terms for wine mean and how it's made and aged.
- What the wine label can tell you.
- How to open a bottle, seal a bottle and pour a glass perfectly.
|Sub-sector||Restaurant, Hotel, Quick Service Restaurant, Pub/bar, Catering, Events, Entertainment, Leisure|
|Business outcomes||Sales, Service, Performance|
|Job type||Food and Beverage|