Warehouse operations are an integral part of the total supply chain process, so your role requires you to effectively manage and ensure the most efficient operation.
From this warehouse fundamental course, you will learn:
- Why we need warehouses and about the supply chain.
- The key elements of warehouse management: receipt, bulk storage, order picking, despatch, handling, consolidation and unitisation.
- Factors to consider when choosing handling equipment, types of storage method, locating products and picking techniques.
- About warehouse flow and layout decisions, and calculating resource requirements.
- How warehouse performance can be measured and improvement opportunities.
|Business outcomes||Reduce Loss, Reduce Costs|
|Author||Logistics Learning Alliance|