Violence and Aggression at Work
Workplace aggression is any incident in which a person is abused, threatened or assaulted in circumstances relating to their work. Dealing with customers and colleagues could potentially lead to aggression and you need to be aware of the signs, contributing factors and what to do should it happen.
On completing this course you will understand:
- What can make people angry and trigger workplace aggression and how to eliminate or reduce these triggers.
- That communicating effectively is one of the most effective deterrents.
- How to identify irrational behaviour and help calm situations.
- How to handle one-to-one confrontations – during and after.
- How to respond to confrontation from customers – and how not to.
- Observation and listening skills.
- Memorising vital information.
|Core sector||Hospitality, Retail, Funeral, Business, Warehousing, Distribution, Charity|
|Sub-sector||Restaurant, Hotel, Clothing, Quick Service Restaurant, Pub/bar, Catering, Events, Electrical, Entertainment, Apprenticeships, Fitness, Health, Home/DIY, Beauty, Fashion, Grocery, Leisure, Sport|
|Business outcomes||Wellbeing, Compliance, Performance|
|Skill type||Communication, Mental Health and Wellbeing, Problem Solving, Security|
|Job type||Kitchen, Food and Beverage, Customer Assistant, Sales Assistant, Maintenance, Housekeeper, Front of House|