Age Restricted Sales and When to Refuse
There are many products you sell which have restrictions. Either age or abuse related. By being aware of what they are, you can give the best customer service when asking for ID and help customers understand if you have to refuse them.
You will learn:
- Which products are age-restricted by law, and what the minimum age requirements are.
- The age-restriction guidelines regarding the sale of digital media, lottery products, knives and medicines.
- How to carry out the Challenge 25 procedure with any restricted product sale and that age queries must be recorded.
- About solvents/psychoactive substances and which ordinary household items contain them, and what your responsibilities with their sale are.
- How to recognise and manage fatigue in yourself and others.
- How to understand and act upon wellbeing issues.
- Influencing and negotiation skills to create a safety culture.
|Sub-sector||Hotel, Events, Entertainment, Grocery|
|Skill type||Health and Safety, Communication, Mental Health and Wellbeing|
|Job type||Food and Beverage, Customer Assistant, Sales Assistant|