Data Security and Protection Essentials
This course gives the complete picture of the security of information and the potential theft of the valuable asset that is data, from who has access to what right through to the practicalities of keeping workstations secure and good practice in the use of IT equipment and internet and email usage.
On completing this course you will understand:
- Why security matters.
- That you are accountable for your logon.
- What constitutes a risk to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data and business information.
- Workstation security procedures.
- The dos and don'ts of password security.
- The dos and don'ts of email usage.
- The dos and don'ts of internet usage.
- That the usage is monitored and breaches lead to potential disciplinary action.
- That your credentials should never be shared.
- How to identify potential security risks
- how to comply with data protection law.
|Core sector||Hospitality, Retail, Funeral, Business, Warehousing, Distribution, Charity|
|Business outcomes||Induction/Onboarding, Compliance|
|Skill type||Management, Security, Equipment|